Bath County, Kentucky Genealogy
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Bath County, Kentucky family history and genealogy research page. Uncover links to record collections, history, and genealogy resources to assist you to you find your personal Bath Co., ancestors. Learn how to start by putting together a Free Family Tree.
Bath County was established on January 15, 1811 from Montgomery County. Currently the county was named for the Medicinal springs located within the county.
Currently the Bath County Seat is situated in Owingsville additionally, the county government website is www.bathcounty.ky.gov
Locations adjacent to Bath County happen to be Fleming County (north), Rowan County (east), Menifee County (southeast), Montgomery County (southwest), Bourbon County (west), Nicholas County (northwest).
Cities and towns to be found in Bath County comprise of Owingsville, Salt Lick, Sharpsburg.
Bath County consists of Federal Census Schedules to guide in researching your family tree. Government Population Schedules are present for 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940. Bath Co. Slave Schedules can be obtained for 1850 & 1860. Bath Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Bath Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Bath Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. One can find free down loadable and also printable census forms that can help with your research.
Bath County Genealogical & Historical Societies and Family History Resources
A list of Bath County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives. See Also Kentucky Archives, Genealogical and Historical Societies for statewide Addresses and links.
Bath County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist frequently fail to notice the advantages of Bath County court, probate, and land files as a useful resource of genealogical information and facts. Buried away in Kentucky courthouses and archives just about everywhere tend to be the dreams and frustrations of the many Kentucky citizens.
The odds are great that your chosen ancestors have left a detailed record of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Bath County court records. Even if your forefathers is not brought up in a Court case, take into consideration all of the other methods which may have lead to her or him to appear in court records.
Please make sure to speak to the clerk's dept to affirm hours, mailing address, fees and other particulars in advance of visiting or inquiring about information because of sometimes changing contact information. The Department Offices DO NOT DO RESEARCH. The files are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. A lot of staff will help people in locating the materials, however it is up to the individual to do the researching.
The following facts indicates what death, marriage, birth, land, probate, and legal records are located in Bath county. The dates indicated below are the first known records for each county. No records seem to have been lost in a courthouse fire on 21 May 1864.
- Bathd County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records (the most common documents recorded are deeds, mortgage releases,
entries, warrants, surveys, mortgages, assignments, and indexes), Probate records (may include such documents as wills, estates, letters of administration, administrators, executors, probate journals, probate packets,
inventories, settlements, sales, accounts, guardianship, orphans,
insolvent estates, bastardy, apprentices, insanity and adoptions) and Marriage Liscenses
- Address: 17 W. Main St., Owingsville, KY, 40360
- Phone: (606) 674-2613
- Marriage Records: 1811
- Land Records: 1811
- Probate Records: 1811
- Bath County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Address: Bath County Courthouse Annex, 19 E. Main St., P.O. Box 558, Owingsville, KY 40360-0558
- Phone: (606) 674-2186
- Court Records: 1811
- Bath County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Bath County Elected Officials (ky.gov)
- Kentucky Department of Health (VDH) Office of Vital Records has copies for of birth & deathe certificates (1911 - present), marriage licenses & divorce decrees (since June 1958). There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information on Statewide Vital Records in Kentucky for current fees and application process.
Kentucky Historical Records
- Databases include Kentucky Court, Land, Wills & Financial Records; Kentucky Birth, Marriage & Death Records; Kentucky Voter Lists & Census Records; Kentucky Immigration & Emigration Records; Kentucky Obituary Records; Kentucky Military Records; Kentucky Family Tree Records; Kentucky Pictures; Kentucky Stories, Memories & Histories; Kentucky Directories & Member Lists and much more....
Bath County Genealogy Links
The following are links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Bath County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is basically a collection that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another. Feel free to submit your own preferred Bath County genealogy or family history associated sites.
Bath Co. KY Books, Newspapers & Publications
Bath Co. KY Birth, Marriage & Death Records
Bath Co. KY Court, Probate Land and Tax Records
Bath Co. KY Census Records
Bath Co. KY Cemeteries & Graveyards
Bath Co. KY Church & Bible Records
Bath Co. KY Family Websites, Pictures & Histories
Bath Co. KY General and History Websites
Bath Co. KY Immigration & Naturalization
Bath Co. KY Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers
Bath Co. KY Military Records
Bath Co. KY Schools & Directories