Casey County, Kentucky Genealogy
Casey County, Kentucky family history and genealogy research page. Uncover links to record collections, history, and genealogy resources to assist you to you find your personal Casey Co., ancestors. Learn how to start by putting together a Free Family Tree.
Casey County was established on November 14, 1806 from Lincoln County. Currently the county was named in honor of William Casey (1754–1816), Revolutionary War colonel .
Currently the Casey County Seat is situated in Liberty additionally, the county government website is www.caseycounty.ky.gov
Locations adjacent to Casey County happen to be Boyle County (north), Lincoln County (northeast), Pulaski County (southeast), Russell County (south), Adair County (southwest), Taylor County (west), Marion County (northwest).
Cities and towns to be found in Casey County comprise of Liberty, Clementsville, Yosemite, Middleburg, Walltown, Dunnville.
Casey County consists of Federal Census Schedules to guide in researching your family tree. Government Population Schedules are present for 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940. Casey Co. Slave Schedules can be obtained for 1850 & 1860. Casey Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Casey Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Casey Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. One can find free down loadable and also printable census forms that can help with your research.
Casey County Genealogical & Historical Societies and Family History Resources
A list of Casey County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives. See Also Kentucky Archives, Genealogical and Historical Societies for statewide Addresses and links.
- Bicentennial Heritage Corporation, P.O. Box 356, Liberty, KY 42539
- KYCASEY. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Casey County, Kentucky. To subscribe send "subscribe" to email@example.com (mail mode) or firstname.lastname@example.org (digest mode).
- CENTRAL-KY. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Central Kentucky including Boyle, Bullitt, Casey, Clark, Estill, Garrard, Hardin, Jackson, Jessamine, LaRue, Lincoln, Marion, Nelson, Russell, Taylor, and Powell Counties. The list also covers any central Kentucky area if the county is unknown. To subscribe send "subscribe" to email@example.com (mail mode) or firstname.lastname@example.org (digest mode).
- Kentucky State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Casey County USGenWeb Archives Project (usgwarchives.net)
- Casey County, Kentucky Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Casey County
- Casey County, Kentucky Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com) read and post messages with other genealogy researchers for Casey County
Casey County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist frequently fail to notice the advantages of Casey County court, probate, and land files as a useful resource of genealogical information and facts. Buried away in Kentucky courthouses and archives just about everywhere tend to be the dreams and frustrations of the many Kentucky citizens.
The odds are great that your chosen ancestors have left a detailed record of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Casey County court records. Even if your forefathers is not brought up in a Court case, take into consideration all of the other methods which may have lead to her or him to appear in court records.
Please make sure to speak to the clerk's dept to affirm hours, mailing address, fees and other particulars in advance of visiting or inquiring about information because of sometimes changing contact information. The Department Offices DO NOT DO RESEARCH. The files are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. A lot of staff will help people in locating the materials, however it is up to the individual to do the researching.
The following facts indicates what death, marriage, birth, land, probate, and legal records are located in Casey County. The dates stated below tend to be the first widely known records in this county.
- Casey County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records (the most common documents recorded are deeds, mortgage releases,
entries, warrants, surveys, mortgages, assignments, and indexes), Probate records (may include such documents as wills, estates, letters of administration, administrators, executors, probate journals, probate packets,
inventories, settlements, sales, accounts, guardianship, orphans,
insolvent estates, bastardy, apprentices, insanity and adoptions) and Marriage Liscenses
- Address: 625 Courthouse Sq., Liberty, KY, 42539
- Phone: (606) 787-6471
- Marriage Records: 1807
- Land Records: 1807
- Probate Records: 1806
- Casey County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Address: Casey County Judicial Center, 231 Courthouse Square, P.O. Box 147, Liberty, KY 42539-0147
- Phone: (606) 787-6510
- Court Records: 1807
- Casey County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Casey County Elected Officials (ky.gov)
- Kentucky Department of Health (VDH) Office of Vital Records has copies for of birth & deathe certificates (1911 - present), marriage licenses & divorce decrees (since June 1958). There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information on Statewide Vital Records in Kentucky for current fees and application process.
Casey County Genealogy Links
The following are links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Casey County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is basically a collection that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another. Feel free to submit your own preferred Casey County genealogy or family history associated sites.
Casey Co. KY Books, Newspapers & Publications
Casey Co. KY Birth, Marriage & Death Records
Casey Co. KY Court, Probate Land and Tax Records
Casey Co. KY Census Records
Casey Co. KY Cemeteries & Graveyards
Casey Co. KY Church & Bible Records
Casey Co. KY Family Websites, Pictures & Histories
Casey Co. KY General and History Websites
Casey Co. KY Immigration & Naturalization
Casey Co. KY Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers
Casey Co. KY Military Records
Casey Co. KY Schools & Directories