Warren County, Kentucky Genealogy
Warren County, Kentucky family history and genealogy research page. Uncover links to record collections, history, and genealogy resources to assist you to you find your personal Warren Co., ancestors. Learn how to start by putting together a Free Family Tree.
Warren County was established on December 19, 1796 from Logan County. Currently the county was named in honor of Joseph Warren (1741–1775), Revolutionary War general .
Currently the Warren County Seat is situated in Bowling Green additionally, the county government website is www.warrencountygov.com
Locations adjacent to Warren County happen to be Butler County (northwest), Edmonson County (northeast), Barren County (east), Allen County (southeast), Simpson County (south/southwest), Logan County (southwest).
Cities and towns to be found in Warren County comprise of Bowling Green, Oakland, Plum Springs, Smiths Grove, Woodburn, Rockfield, Richpond, Plano.
Warren County consists of Federal Census Schedules to guide in researching your family tree. Government Population Schedules are present for 1800 (destroyed), 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940. Warren Co. Slave Schedules can be obtained for 1850 & 1860. Warren Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Warren Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Warren Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. One can find free down loadable and also printable census forms that can help with your research.
Warren County Genealogical & Historical Societies and Family History Resources
A list of Warren County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives. See Also Kentucky Archives, Genealogical and Historical Societies for statewide Addresses and links.
- Southern Ky. Genealogical Society, PO Box 1782, Bowling Green KY 42102-1782
- Kentucky State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Warren County USGenWeb Archives Project (usgwarchives.net)
- Warren County, Kentucky Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Warren County
- Warren County, Kentucky Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com) read and post messages with other genealogy researchers for Warren County
- KYWARREN. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Warren County, Kentucky. To subscribe send "subscribe" to firstname.lastname@example.org (mail mode) or email@example.com (digest mode).
- SOUTH-CENTRAL-KENTUCKY. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical or historical interest in the Kentucky counties of Allen, Barren, Cumberland, Edmonson, Green, Hardin, Hart, Logan, Metcalfe, Monroe, and Warren. As well as a place for the posting of queries, the list owner will post source data from these counties on a daily basis (as much as possible) including wills, vital statistics, and cemetery records. To subscribe send "subscribe" to firstname.lastname@example.org (mail mode) or email@example.com (digest mode)
Warren County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist frequently fail to notice the advantages of Warren County court, probate, and land files as a useful resource of genealogical information and facts. Buried away in Kentucky courthouses and archives just about everywhere tend to be the dreams and frustrations of the many Kentucky citizens.
The odds are great that your chosen ancestors have left a detailed record of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Warren County court records. Even if your forefathers is not brought up in a Court case, take into consideration all of the other methods which may have lead to her or him to appear in court records.
Please make sure to speak to the clerk's dept to affirm hours, mailing address, fees and other particulars in advance of visiting or inquiring about information because of sometimes changing contact information. The Department Offices DO NOT DO RESEARCH. The files are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. A lot of staff will help people in locating the materials, however it is up to the individual to do the researching.
The following facts indicates what death, marriage, birth, land, probate, and legal records are located in Warren county. The dates indicated below are the first known records for each county. A courthouse fire destroyed some records in 1864.
- Warrend County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records (the most common documents recorded are deeds, mortgage releases,
entries, warrants, surveys, mortgages, assignments, and indexes), Probate records (may include such documents as wills, estates, letters of administration, administrators, executors, probate journals, probate packets,
inventories, settlements, sales, accounts, guardianship, orphans,
insolvent estates, bastardy, apprentices, insanity and adoptions) and Marriage Liscenses
- Address: Main St., Bowling Green, KY, 42101
- Phone: (270) 843-5306
- Marriage Records: 1797
- Land Records: 1797
- Probate Records: 1796
- Warren County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Address: Warren County Justice Center, 1001 Center St., Suite 102, Bowling Green, KY 42101
- Phone: (270) 746-7400
- Court Records:1796
- Warren County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Warren County Elected Officials (ky.gov)
- Kentucky Department of Health (VDH) Office of Vital Records has copies for of birth & deathe certificates (1911 - present), marriage licenses & divorce decrees (since June 1958). There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information on Statewide Vital Records in Kentucky for current fees and application process.
Kentucky Historical Records
- Databases include Kentucky Court, Land, Wills & Financial Records; Kentucky Birth, Marriage & Death Records; Kentucky Voter Lists & Census Records; Kentucky Immigration & Emigration Records; Kentucky Obituary Records; Kentucky Military Records; Kentucky Family Tree Records; Kentucky Pictures; Kentucky Stories, Memories & Histories; Kentucky Directories & Member Lists and much more....
Warren County Genealogy Links
The following are links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Warren County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is basically a collection that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another. Feel free to submit your own preferred Warren County genealogy or family history associated sites.
Warren Co. KY Books, Newspapers & Publications
Warren Co. KY Birth, Marriage & Death Records
Warren Co. KY Court, Probate Land and Tax Records
Warren Co. KY Census Records
Warren Co. KY Cemeteries & Graveyards
Warren Co. KY Church & Bible Records
Warren Co. KY Family Websites, Pictures & Histories
Warren Co. KY General and History Websites
Warren Co. KY Immigration & Naturalization
Warren Co. KY Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers
Warren Co. KY Military Records
Warren Co. KY Schools & Directories